Mauritius 2013

Mauritius 2013

Postby Charles Lasham » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm

I have just returned from chairing the above two-day symposium in Mauritius. Those of you who attended will, hopefully, agree with me that it was a highly successful event with great contributions from electoral commission representatives from around the world and others involved in electoral matters.

Vendors commented that this was an inclusive event with their stands being in the same room where presentations were made. Vendors were even encouraged to join delegates, make presentations and ask questions.

ICPS received great feedback from delegates with one electoral representative saying that since his involvement with ICPS (he has also been on the certificate course in London) his career has taken off and he is more motivated to strive for the highest electoral position in his country.

There were many highlights for me. However, the presentation by Darren Christie from the Falkland Islands stood out and received a rapturous round of applause following his interesting and detailed summary of the political situation and the recent referendum.

Thanks to all who attended. To those of you who did not then you missed a great event and you should definitely attend other ICPS events.
Charles Lasham

Return to 6th International Electoral Affairs Symposium 2013

© 2017 The International Centre for Parliamentary Studies Ltd Company No: 7379667 Registered in England and Wales